Dedication is a parent's public expression that their children truly belong to God.
It is a parent's commitment to God to raise their children in the admonition and fear of the Lord.
A Parent's Responsibility:
And when the time for their purification (the mother's purification and the Baby's Dedication) came according to the Law of Moses they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord. Luke 2:22 AMP
- To Train: "Train up a child in the way he should go (and in keeping with his individual gift or bent), and when he is old he will not depart from it." (Prov. 22:6 AMP)
- To Teach: "Every scripture is God Breathed - given by His inspiration - and profitable for instruction, for reproof, and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, and for training in righteousness (that is, in holy living, in conformity to God's Will in thought, purpose and action)." (2 Tim 3:16 AMP)
- To be an Example: "Be watchful and obey all these words which I command you, that it may go well with you and with your children after you forever, when you do what is good and right in the sight of the Lord your God." (Duet. 12:28 AMP)
- Attend a training class prior to the ceremony.
- Publicly declare before God and the congregation at Faith Community Church your commitment to teach and train your children in the ways of the Lord.