Ministry Philosophy and Guiding Principles
By knowing & understanding our ministry philosophy, values, and guiding principles, we will be better able to determine:
- Our Scope of Ministry - this speaks to our vision & reach
- Our Experience in Light of our Message - this speaks to our consistency
- Our Programs in Light of our Mission - this speaks to meeting needs according to our mission, not program popularity
- Our Balance and Focus on Essentials - this speaks to what is primary & what is secondary
- Our Development of Future Ministries - this speaks to having clear & intended purpose & outcomes for ministries
we have developed 6 guiding principles and values for our church that help define why we do, what we do!
1. Every person is valuable to God and to us; therefore, we are eager to treat everyone with dignity and respect, encourage everyone to experience God's forgiveness, and serve everyone with love and grace.
2. We are passionate about God’s Word having final authority in life and ministry. We stand in awe of the power of the Holy Spirit knowing that true empowerment for living cannot be achieved apart from developing a spirit-formed life.
3. We understand that ministry flows out of being, not just programs; therefore, the quality and reach of our ministry to others is directly related to the depth of our own personal character.
4. We thrive on being better tomorrow than we were today. We’re determined to exceed expectations, go the extra mile, battle mediocrity, resist irresponsibility, and serve with gladness. Whatever our hand finds to do, we will do it with all our might while serving God and others. We endeavor to do our best and make it happen.
5. Jesus connected with people. He knew their story, saw their misery, felt their pain, healed their wounds, and changed their lives. He was moved with compassion. Like Christ, we will notice people around us and willingly step into their world. We will set aside indifference, personal feelings, inconvenience, and apathy. We will respond with empathy, kindness, the power of prayer, and mercy. We believe in the miracle working power of God to transform lives. This is how healing begins.
6. What is greatly needed in our communities today is hope. Many people live in quiet desperation and some in utter despair. Their lives are overwhelmed by personal tragedies, broken families, relentless addictions, and hardships of every kind. We believe the Church is a beacon of hope and a city on a hill, carrying the truth of Christ, extending the love of Christ, and interceding for the power of Christ. As the Church, our lives together will be centered around knowing and following the Word of God, giving sacrificially, and living together in a way that is compelling to others around us.
Faith Community Church - Serving Staten Island, NY communities since 1992!